ANNA Dallas - Call for Chapter Officer Nominations
We are looking new leaders! - volunteers that will help us plan for the future of the chapter. It’s not a hard job and only takes a short amount of time, but the rewards are many! Our chapter officers develop deeper friendships with other ANNA members and get an opportunity to share ideas and develop activities that make a real difference for the nephrology nurses in our area. The average officer spends just 1 – 2 hours per week, and there are plenty of orientation/online resources to help you learn your role. Are you recently retired with some time to spare? Are you a people person that enjoys talking to others? Are you looking for something new and different? Do you have a heart for nephrology nurses and want to help us continue to provide a chapter for nurses in our area? We need you!
Chapter Officer Roles at a Glance
- In charge of the day to day management of the chapter (Business meetings, Educational meetings, Communication, Chapter work plan)
- Assures reports are submitted on time
- Assures re-charter criteria are met
- Liaison between chapter members, National Office, ACST, ANNA Committees.
- In charge of planning and providing education to chapter members
- Orients to chapter president role
- In charge of planning and implementing chapter elections and submitting the Chapter Profile
- Fills in for the Chapter President as needed
- Takes meeting minutes and submits meeting reports
- Submits chapter Update articles
- Handle chapter correspondence (writes letters: welcome to new members, non-renewing members, welcome to first time meeting attendees)
- Creates and distributes chapter newsletters (prn)
- Requests chapter membership list
- In charge chapter financial records, maintains records for the last 7 years and passes them on to the next treasurer
- Submits financial reports on time
- Maintains chapter accounts
- Provide chapter financial report at all meetings
- Writes checks Health Policy Representative:
- Writes letters of introduction to local, state, and national elected and regulatory officials
- Educates member about advocacy and ANNA Health Policy resources (CapWiz, KDAE week...)
- Serves as a Health Policy liaison between ANNA National Office/Health Policy Committee and chapter members
- Plans and conducts Kidney Disease Awareness and Education Week (KDAE) activities
- Monitors local and state legislation and regulatory activities for policies, regulations, or laws that impact Nephrology related practice.
If you have an interest in taking your membership to the next level, consider running for chapter office. Reach out for more information!
Thank you!Jamie D Corona